Archer C64 EasyMesh: Satellites Connect to Main Router Only

Votes

2024-08-17 20:15:43 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.3 Build 240223 Rel.60864n(4555)

During the setup of the EasyMesh network, I noticed that all satellite nodes connect exclusively to the main router, even when they are closer to each other. This behavior limits the coverage area since the network cannot fully utilize a 'mesh' structure where satellites can connect to each other, providing more efficient coverage.

Is this standard behavior for EasyMesh? If so, is it possible to change the configuration so that satellites can establish peer-to-peer connections with each other, instead of all being forced to connect to the main router?

Are there any firmware or architectural limitations that might be influencing this configuration?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C64 EasyMesh: Satellites Connect to Main Router Only
2024-08-20 07:29:15 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@tapac3 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

Easymesh standard does not require that satellite nodes have to connect to another satelllite node or main router.

For TP-Link router that supports Easymesh and set up mesh network, satellite routers prefer to connect to main router.

I can understand that you want larger wifi range via the mesh network, but this kind of connection does not mean best( satellite router connects to another satellite, another satellite router connects to another...), considering network stability and other aspects.

Options
2024-08-21 11:49:58 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S thank you for your response!

I must admit, it's quite disappointing and misleading given the name "EasyMesh." When I purchased these routers, I expected a true mesh network where every node would intelligently connect with others to optimize coverage. Instead, it feels more like a traditional setup with a main router and its repeaters.

While I understand that this design prioritizes stability, it’s frustrating for users like me who anticipated a more dynamic, interconnected network. The product name suggests a full mesh experience, which isn’t entirely accurate in practice.

Thanks for the clarification, though!

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@tapac3 

Hi, I can understand your confusion. But, Wi-Fi Easymesh is not named or created by TP-Link.

Anyway, we certainly appreciate all your feedback here. I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and people can vote for this feature request.

Thanks for your understanding~

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 184

Replies: 3

Voters 1