Votes

Satellite Router is not taking 6G band setting from main router

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread MLO and 6GHz wifi not working in satellite node. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread MLO and 6GHz wifi not working in satellite node. Please vote on the main thread.
2024-08-18 06:03:21 - last edited 2024-08-20 03:45:42

Hello, I got two WIFI7 router, BE800 as main router and BE805 as satellite router on ethernet backhaul. I realize currently with Easymesh, I can only share 2.4G and 5G setting to the satellite router. Whereas I could see satellite router is broadcasting a 6G wifi with its factory default name. MLO is not turned on as I am purposely using different device on different bands. 

Is this a known issue for EasyMesh? If not, how shall I set it properly to make easy mesh work with 6G? Or even if easymesh doesn't work with 6G, how I can manually setup the 6G wifi on satellite router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Satellite Router is not taking 6G band setting from main router
2024-08-20 03:44:15 - last edited 2024-08-20 03:44:33

@nusnus 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

6GHz band of Archer BE805 does not support Easymesh network, so if BE805 work as a satellite router, you can only connect to its default 6GHz band.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if these features can come to this model, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 1