Family controls tether app bug

3 недель назад - last edited 3 недель назад
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 build.20240619 rel.72016

As much as I appreciate the new speed of how the family profiles load ( for me literally 2 seconds cpmpared to the 30-40 seconds of the previously) I've noticed a slight issue. 

I've noticed that if I want to grant some profiles extra time it's not letting the family profile back online until say 6:30 am when I set the bed time/off time rules. 

And I just noticed tonight that when went to try and Grant some extra time to my living room devices as wanted to carry on watching a tv series and on the old version you could add 1hr or add 2hrs 

This is the only option its giving me. 

What's baffling me is I don't have time limits  activated  so why its saying i have X amount of today's time limit is confusing and the add time blocks are disappearing leaving no option to allow any extra 'bonus' time before cutting out🤷🏼‍♂️

Don't get me wrong the rest of the parental controls seem to be working properly cutting Internet off from my other family profiles when the times are set but this seems to be across all my family profiles so not just to 1 profile. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:Family controls tether app bug
3 недель назад

@Basboi85 

Hi

Remaining allowed time is related to Time Limit setting. If Time Limit is set to no limit, then your daily Internet time is 24 hours, so the remaining allow time will start counting from 24 hours and decrease.

Options
3 недель назад

@Joseph-TP 

Ah thanks for that but that still answers only half the question of why is the option for me to allow extra time say 1hr or 2hrs dissapearing?

And when I do select to add say a hour or 2 hours when it's there it's not working even though it says success 

Options
3 недель назад

@Joseph-TP 

Also I think that where you say about the remaining time is flawed, 

I just went onto the tether app and if I understand you correctly. 

The remaining time in the adjust time drop down box says 5hrs and 51 mins remaining, 

This can't be correct as my living room profile has the bed time and off time both set from 11:30pm-5:30 am so in theory I only have till around 3:15 and then my 'allowed remaining' time hits 0 so does that mean my profile should cut off even though I've set allowed time settings to off, 

I'm sorry if I come across stupid but surely there shouldn't be a countdown of "allowed time" if I've not set a restriction to have allowed time 🤷🏼‍♂️

As per my screen shot it shows its 09:29am and I now have the option of add 2hrs add 1 hr add 0.5hr. 

Surely these options should be available all the time especially as like last night I was watching a tv episode the Internet cut off times worked as they should so I went to add some extra time so I could carry on watching the tv episode I was watching but the option to add times was dissapearing as shown in the above pic which rendered me not being able to carry on watching the episode even when I managed to click add 0.5hr and it said success on the screen yet it still didn't allow access to the Internet to carry on watching the series I was watching. 

I even restarted the device I was watching it on thinking that would sort it but it never did so I gave up and turned my tv off. 

Before I could say add 1hr and give it say a max of 2 mins and the device I was watching tv on would then be granted access and I could carry on watching what I was watching then after the hour had passed it would then deny Internet access as intended. 

Options
3 недель назад - last edited 3 недель назад

@Basboi85 

Hi

The primary focus of the design is to prioritize bedtime over the set time limit. When approaching bedtime, adjusting the time limit will not have any impact. Therefore, even if you extend the internet usage time, activities will still be restricted once bedtime arrives.

Regarding what you mentioned "This can't be correct as my living room profile has the bed time and off time both set from 11:30pm-5:30 am so in theory I only have till around 3:15 and then my ' allowed remaining' time hits 0", we found a bit strange. In order to further analyze this problem, please kindly provide the following APP Log:
How to collect Tether APP log
Additionally, we would greatly appreciate it if you could share a screenshot of the parental control page settings(If sensitive information is included, please ensure that it is securely coded). This will assist us in analyzing the problem effectively.

Options
3 недель назад

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph, 

Many thanks again for your reply, 

Here's screen shots of my parental control for my living room profile settings. 

As you can see I do have multiple devices for that profile but they are double for the same devices besides 2 I think as they aren't wired, 

I have ethernet ports around my house amd believe that if a device can be wired then they should be for obv reasons to truly give the wireless only devices wireless access. 

I've done this all round my network as it stops my kids accessing the Internet on their devices whether they are wired or wireless as I'm intending the cut offs and restrictions to work. 

The screen shots of the bed time and off time have been the same for this profile for I would say easily over a year and havemt changed but as you can see from the previous screen shot it shows the time on my phone was 9 something am and all the remainingbtime I had left was 5 hrs something which didn't add up. 

When I go upto bed later I'll reboot all my Ax72s and see if that cures it as may just be a glitch that needs a reboot.  

Options
3 недель назад

@Joseph-TP 

also on a side note, 

I've also noticed that on a quite a few of my devices that I'll get this screen pop up completely blank where as when my son has had  it before he had a screen offering options to ask for extra screen time request. 

This screen is from my fire tv cube, 

I beleive it was on his Apple device that showed the screen tp request extra time is this a known thing as I can't say I've seen any android devices displaying that screen 

Options
2 недель назад

@Basboi85 

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240854754, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2 недель назад

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph thankyou for raising this issue, 

Many thanks for your time 👍🏻

Options
2 недель назад - last edited 2 недель назад

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph just letting you know I've emailed back to tech support but tonight I'm having massive issues on tether app parental controls. 

Long story short went to add extra time to a profile but I had been logged out of the app l, 

Re logged in them to find out for some reason my homesheild wasn't linked 🤷🏼‍♂️

Re synced it as it said I had to re subscribe even though I'm already a paying customer 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tether restarted after re selecting my main Router ( kitchen) Went back into profiles and I'm still logged in and parental controls are still restricted and it's telling me to sign up 🤷🏼‍♂️

Something is definitely going on with tether app 

Logged into the Web Gui and this is what it's telling me 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 9

Related Articles