How to Set Bandwidth Ratio between WAN1 & WAN2 on ER7206 V2

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20240324 Rel.46738

Question to Expert 

have two WAN connections with identical speeds and want to configure the distribution of client traffic evenly, with a 50:50 split across both WANs, similar to how the Cisco RV340 router handles it. How can I achieve this?

PFB current setting from Transmission page 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to Set Bandwidth Ratio between WAN1 & WAN2 on ER7206 V2-Solution

Hi @macfan007 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can read this and understand how the load balancing works.

It's pinned on the router's page.

Also, we highly recommend you search before you make a post. Or check the User Guide. These are very basic Q&A. Repeated posts do not make any attribution.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to Set Bandwidth Ratio between WAN1 & WAN2 on ER7206 V2
3 weeks ago

I unchecked - Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s)  as I think this setting agreegate the speed across both wan ports, which is not needed. 

Do I need to enable Link Backup enable with Load balancing ? I think no, Box Should  switch all Traffic to active WAN Port , isn't it ? 

Can any one clarfiy these doubts ?

Options
Re:How to Set Bandwidth Ratio between WAN1 & WAN2 on ER7206 V2-Solution

Hi @macfan007 

You can read this and understand how the load balancing works.

It's pinned on the router's page.

Also, we highly recommend you search before you make a post. Or check the User Guide. These are very basic Q&A. Repeated posts do not make any attribution.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A Thanks for responding, it gave few clarfication . Pl rephrase my queries 

Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  

Current Settings 

Enable Load Balancing - Checked 
Enable APp Opt routing - Checked 
Enable Bandwidth Based rouring - NOT CHECKED
Link Backup - Disabled 
Online detection - Online for both port (configured manually with 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.) 

Can you please clarify below query 

With above setup , I see both WANs are being used by all clients on the network. However - we do not have control for traffic ratio says - 50:50  over both WAN. is there any way we can decide the ratio to use both WAN equally  ?

Also - Do I need to enable - LInk Backup ?  I removed the plug for one WAN and tested . All traffic was passing via another active one. without link backup configuired. 

I tried to enable Link back up and found that all traffic passes via WAN 1 (Primary) despite Load Balancing being checked. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @macfan007 

macfan007 wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for responding, it gave few clarfication . Pl rephrase my queries 

Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  

Current Settings 

Enable Load Balancing - Checked 
Enable APp Opt routing - Checked 
Enable Bandwidth Based rouring - NOT CHECKED
Link Backup - Disabled 
Online detection - Online for both port (configured manually with 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.) 

Can you please clarify below query 

With above setup , I see both WANs are being used by all clients on the network. However - we do not have control for traffic ratio says - 50:50  over both WAN. is there any way we can decide the ratio to use both WAN equally  ?

Also - Do I need to enable - LInk Backup ?  I removed the plug for one WAN and tested . All traffic was passing via another active one. without link backup configuired. 

I tried to enable Link back up and found that all traffic passes via WAN 1 (Primary) despite Load Balancing being checked. Am I missing something?

Thanks

1:1 should be the ratio you set. The context is not 100% or 100. If you have three, you should be 1:1:1.

The traffic is routed automatically based on the algorithm unless you create a PBR.

The other two questions are self-evident and explained in the KB. If you have read that, and still cannot understand it, please let me know what parts should be adjusted in the article.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 4

Related Articles