How Do I Set Up Archer AXE75 Router As Second Router So It Has WiFi And Lan Ports Working

How Do I Set Up Archer AXE75 Router As Second Router So It Has WiFi And Lan Ports Working

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #Network Connectivity #LAN Connection
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi All

I have a BT Smart Hub 2 as primary router and have purchased AXE5400 6e router as a secondary router so i can utilise 6e connections as well as more reliable ethernet. Please can someone advise how I get the Lan ports to work on the AXE5400? WiFi is working fine. Currently router is set to Wireless Router Mode, network cable from BT Smart Hub LAN port to AXE5400 LAN port. I plugged in the LAN cables from BT Hub in to AXE5400 but no connection was made. 

Appreciate any advice. Thank you

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How Do I Set Up Archer AXE75 Router As Second Router So It Has WiFi And Lan Ports Working-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Hoodholmes 

Either in router mode or AP mode you should use AXE5400 WAN port to connect to your BT Smart Hub 2 LAN port.

Here's the difference between router mode and AP mode.

When AXE5400 is configured in AP mode you could avoid the double NAT in your network.

The other way to avoid double NAT is to use BT Smart Hub 2 as modem only and AXE5400 in router mode.

Or you can use both in router mode if double NAT is not a concern for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How Do I Set Up Archer AXE75 Router As Second Router So It Has WiFi And Lan Ports Working-Solution

@Hoodholmes 

I'm also with bt and I'm not using their router. 

If you have the fibre ONT(fttp)modem you can do away with their router and use your own like I have unless you need their router. 

As said above you can run both as router but i wouldn't advise it as mentioned above causing double Nat. 

You could do as mentioned above is is set your tp link router into AP mode. 

Your tp link router WAN port should be connected to a lan port on the BT router, 

Then you should be to be able to use your tp link router Lan ports 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply

@Hoodholmes 

Either in router mode or AP mode you should use AXE5400 WAN port to connect to your BT Smart Hub 2 LAN port.

Here's the difference between router mode and AP mode.

When AXE5400 is configured in AP mode you could avoid the double NAT in your network.

The other way to avoid double NAT is to use BT Smart Hub 2 as modem only and AXE5400 in router mode.

Or you can use both in router mode if double NAT is not a concern for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

@Hoodholmes 

I'm also with bt and I'm not using their router. 

If you have the fibre ONT(fttp)modem you can do away with their router and use your own like I have unless you need their router. 

As said above you can run both as router but i wouldn't advise it as mentioned above causing double Nat. 

You could do as mentioned above is is set your tp link router into AP mode. 

Your tp link router WAN port should be connected to a lan port on the BT router, 

Then you should be to be able to use your tp link router Lan ports 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 2

Tags

Network Connectivity
LAN Connection
Related Articles