Deco X60 stuck in boot loop

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Attn: TP-Link support

One of my Deco X60 units is stuck in a boot loop. When started, it shows a solid yellow light for ~45 seconds, then blinks yellow, then goes back to solid yellow. This repeats indefinitely.

The unit has never been dropped, damaged, subject to a power surge, or interrupted during a firmware update. It just started behaving like this one day when I restarted it.

I have already contacted global support about this. They asked some questions, but ultimately refused to help me because the unit was purchased in Japan. I contacted Japan support, but they have not yet responded.

I am no expert, but a boot loop sounds more like a firmware issue than a hardware one. Can you please help me troubleshoot this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 stuck in boot loop
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@friendofdog 

Hi,

Have you tested with different power sockets and exchange power adapters with other Deco units?

And you can also power it off for several hours and the power it back on again.

If the issue still exists after you test, then it should be the hardware issue, please wait for the reply from JP local support to help check the warranty for you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Deco X60 stuck in boot loop
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I already tried different power options, and have plugged it in after several hours. But JP support just replied, so I will consult them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 2

Related Articles