Extending subnet to a second location using Omada devices

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20240324 Rel.42799

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-group or topic area for my request but here goes.

I currently have the ER707-M2 router, OC200 controller, 2 EAP WAPs and a couple of SG2210MP switches at our cottage with a simple configuration, just the default LAN.

I'm wondering if it is possible with Omada devices to extend a subnet from our home to our cottage so that a device attached to the subnet at the cottage appears to be on the home subnet. Or, maybe the question is, is it possible to use the DHCP on our home network to assign IP addresses to devices on a VLAN at the cottage.

Les

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extending subnet to a second location using Omada devices
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @Les_Brown 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is the correct page. No worries.

Yes, you can do this multi-net setup with the Omada gears. The one you have can do that.

Here's the guide you can make use of:

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

You can use the filter to find out the guides we have on the forum.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Les_Brown 

Clive_A,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the referenced document and it looks like it is addressing the application scenario of setting up several VLANs at a given location. I need to extend a LAN subnet across the internet between 2 sites. Is this possible if I have similar TP-Link gear at both ends?

Les

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Les_Brown 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Les_Brown wrote

@Les_Brown 

Clive_A,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the referenced document and it looks like it is addressing the application scenario of setting up several VLANs at a given location. I need to extend a LAN subnet across the internet between 2 sites. Is this possible if I have similar TP-Link gear at both ends?

Les

OK. I see.

DHCP relay. That should be what you are after.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options