Nord VPN compatibility

Nord VPN compatibility

Nord VPN compatibility
Nord VPN compatibility
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.4 build 20231222 Rel. 63684

I was led to believe when I purchased my Deco M5 home mesh system that it was compatible with VPN setup (in particular Nord VPN). When I follow instructions to install the VPN using the Deco app or by logging into the mesh I cannot find the appropriate menu location under "Advanced" to do the installation. 

The Deco app version is: 3.7.83

Is there a different version of the app that allows for VPN installation or was I misinformed about the capabilities of the Deco M5?

If the M5 is compatible, how do I install my VPN when neither the app nor the main login to the device does the correct setup menu?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Nord VPN compatibility-Solution

@AMThompson 

Hi,

Deco M5 does not support VPN functions at present. That is why you cannot find the related settings on the Deco APP.

If the VPN function is needed, you can consider on other models that supports VPN.

Please refer to this thread.

How to set up VPN Server/VPN Client on Deco router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Nord VPN compatibility-Solution

@AMThompson 

Hi,

Deco M5 does not support VPN functions at present. That is why you cannot find the related settings on the Deco APP.

If the VPN function is needed, you can consider on other models that supports VPN.

Please refer to this thread.

How to set up VPN Server/VPN Client on Deco router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 92

Replies: 1

Related Articles