EB810v streaming is bad and connection breaks after awhile and reconnect.

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Recently I have changed my ISP broadband to 10Gbps and got my TPlink EB810V router configured. 

I realised connections keep dropping sometimes and not streaming smooth as before. I have even meshed up with RE505X but seems not helping at all.

Can someone advise the cause and resolution ?

Thanks,

Tony

Options
4 Reply
Re:EB810v streaming is bad and connection breaks after awhile and reconnect.
3 weeks ago

@tacl 

First, ensure your EB810V router and RE505X mesh extender have the latest firmware. Try testing with a wired connection to rule out Wi-Fi issues, and make sure your mesh extender is optimally placed. Also, check for channel congestion using a Wi-Fi analyzer and adjust accordingly. Finally, verify your cables support 10Gbps speeds.

Options
3 weeks ago

@nolanmaris Thanks. 

I have checked my internet cable is able to support 10Gbps(I can see WAN connection status showing 10000Mbps)  and this is my main router firmware version:

Firmware Version:0.4.0 3.0.0 v608b.0 Build 240122 Rel.66930n. Is it latest ?

I have tested with extender turned off. My connection does not break off compared to when it is turned on. 

In regards to channel congestion, do you have any free tool that could measure that ? im using wifi spots app on my android phone and check for free but maybe not accurate enough.

Nevertheless, I have disabled ipv6 and enabled PSC on my wireless setting now and extender turned off. It seems much better than before but i will monitor for few more days and see.

Options
3 weeks ago

@nolanmaris it seems like abit better but connections are still dropping. 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@tacl 

Hi, may I confirm who is your ISP and what is your exact network topology? And where did you purchase this router?

For the unstable connection issue, it is suggested to follow the basic troubleshooting guide first.

You may also share more details about the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 4

Related Articles