Issue with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Connection on Mercusys Router MR70X v1.0 - Firmware 1.1.0

Issue with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Connection on Mercusys Router MR70X v1.0 - Firmware 1.1.0

2 weeks ago
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I'm encountering an issue while trying to establish a Wi-Fi connection on the 2.4GHz band of my Mercusys Router MR70X v1.0, running firmware version 1.1.0 Build 20240311 Rel. 52779(5553). The problem occurs only when I set a password on 2.4GHz SSID with encryption; the Wi-Fi connection fails, dropping shortly after attempting to connect. However, if I set the encryption to None, the connection works fine. I've tested other encryption settings, and the issue persists only with the 2.4GHz band when using a password. I've tried adjusting the channel width, channel, transmit power, mode, and even performed a factory reset, but nothing has resolved the issue. I contacted Mercusys Support two weeks ago but have yet to receive a response. I believe the router is running the latest firmware, and I am unable to downgrade to an earlier version. Additionally, the same issue occurs with the Guest 2.4GHz SSID. Clients are unable to connect when a password is set on the 2.4GHz band. If a password is configured, the connection fails, just as with the main 2.4GHz SSID.For your convenience, I have attached screenshots of the configuration settings on the MR70X router's Wireless configuration page.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Connection on Mercusys Router MR70X v1.0 - Firmware 1.1.0
2 weeks ago

@Alex_Mahone 

Hi,

Please test if all your devices have the same issue.

If it only happens to certain devices, what are the device models?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Issue with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Connection on Mercusys Router MR70X v1.0 - Firmware 1.1.0
2 weeks ago
We have found that the issue is not tied to any specific model; it occurs across almost all the different vendors and models we tested. it occurs across all devices.The issue has been ongoing for a long time, and customers have been waiting for our results up until now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 148

Replies: 2

Related Articles