Problem with Tether and TP Link ID

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer MR505  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.1 Build 240205 Rel.59931n(4555)

Hi, I have a problem with my devices. I have a main Archer MR505 router and 3 RE315 signal extenders. One extender is connected wirelessly, the other two are connected via Ethernet cable. The devices work in Easy Mesh. In this configuration, I lose access to the main router via Tether and I cannot connect to the TP Link ID. After disconnecting the extenders connected via cable, I regain access to Tether and TP Link ID. Have you heard of such a problem?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with Tether and TP Link ID
2 weeks ago

@Franek1990 

Hi,

MR505 does not support build an EasyMesh network via Ethernet backhaul at this time.

If you want to connect the range extenders with Ethernet cable, please set them as Access Point mode.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Problem with Tether and TP Link ID
2 weeks ago

@Światło słoneczne 

Thanks for the explanation 🙂 is this feature planned for MR505? or are you able to write which of the currently offered SIM routers has support for Ethernet backhaul?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 2

Related Articles