How to connect/share internet from external wifi dongle to Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router

How to connect/share internet from external wifi dongle to Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #Archer Ax 1500
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My environment

I have bought an Archer Ax1500 Wifi 6 router. 

Right now, i am using a battery operated wifi dongle/router (small one that supports a 4G Indian SIM card - similar to Jiofi) for my internet needs.

That dongle is having a usb type b slot which can be used for USB tethering & a WAN port, in addition to the SIM & memory cars slot.

The Archer router that i bought doesnt have a USB port either for tethering.

My question:

How can i share the internet from my Wifi dongle to Archer router ? 

• Is it directly possible via some settings in Archer router? If yes how.
  • If not directly possible, what other hardware can make this work ? Can connecting the TP-Link UE300 USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter  to the USB type b slot of wifi dongle and Ethernet out of that adapter to WAN port of Archer router works (as shown in below picture) ?

connection-diagram

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to connect/share internet from external wifi dongle to Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router-Solution

@woozle 

Yesterday night, i borrowed a USB to Ethernet adapter from one of my friend and tested the above connectivity as in the diagram.

Sadly, it didnt worked.

Implies, its true as you mentioned. We cannot do such a connectivity.

Thanks for your time and valuable information.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to connect/share internet from external wifi dongle to Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router
2 weeks ago

@SurajM 

Hi,

Could you please post the model name/number of the 4G Wi-Fi dongle?

Does the user manual of the dongle specifically state that a WAN Ethernet port can be added to it?

Options
Re:How to connect/share internet from external wifi dongle to Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router
2 weeks ago

@woozle 

User manual for that wifi dongle is not available. The make name is InnJoo M4. The website address on that router is InnJoo, but it doesnt resolve to any page in browser. Cant find any documents related to this in internet either.

Here are few pics of that router for reference.

pic1

pic2

pic3

Options
2 weeks ago

@SurajM 

Ok, I see.

I don't think there will be any way to connect the InnJoo M4 directly to the WAN (Internet) port of an Archer AX1500 to supply it with an Internet connection. I doubt the InnJoo M4 would recognize an USB to Ethernet network adapter like the TP-Link UE300.

Options
Re:How to connect/share internet from external wifi dongle to Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router-Solution

@woozle 

Yesterday night, i borrowed a USB to Ethernet adapter from one of my friend and tested the above connectivity as in the diagram.

Sadly, it didnt worked.

Implies, its true as you mentioned. We cannot do such a connectivity.

Thanks for your time and valuable information.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 4

Tags

Archer Ax 1500
Related Articles