Feature Request for AX72 Router: Integration of "DoH & DoT" Functionality

Votes

2 недель назад - last edited неделю назад
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20240619 rel.72016(5553)

Dear TP-Link Engineering Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As a satisfied user of your AX72 router, I am writing to request the addition of a new feature that I believe would significantly enhance the security and overall value of this device: the integration of DNS over HTTPS (DoH) and DNS over TLS (DoT) functionalities.

Why "DoH & DoT" Matters:

1. Enhanced Privacy and Security: With growing concerns about online privacy, the implementation of DoH and DoT would ensure that DNS queries are encrypted, protecting users from man-in-the-middle attacks and preventing potential eavesdropping by unauthorized entities.

2. Compliance with Industry Standards: As the internet landscape evolves, many leading organizations and ISPs are adopting DoH and DoT to secure their infrastructure. By incorporating these protocols, TP-Link can ensure that the AX72 remains competitive and aligned with the latest industry standards.

3. User Trust and Satisfaction: Offering advanced security features like DoH and DoT directly within the router will undoubtedly strengthen users’ trust in TP-Link products. It allows for a more seamless and secure internet experience without relying on third-party software.

4. Future-Proofing: As more services and applications begin to favor or require encrypted DNS queries, having DoH and DoT available on the AX72 will ensure that users are prepared for future changes in internet standards without needing to upgrade their hardware.

I believe that by integrating DoH and DoT into the AX72, TP-Link can further solidify its reputation as a leader in networking technology. I would be immensely grateful if you could consider this feature in future firmware updates.

Thank you for your time and for continually delivering outstanding products that keep us securely connected.

Best regards,

George Lima

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Feature Request for AX72 Router: Integration of "DoH & DoT" Functionality-Solution

@George_Lima 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Request for AX72 Router: Integration of "DoH & DoT" Functionality-Solution

@George_Lima 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 79

Replies: 1

Voters 1