Losing internet connection AND ability to login to AX80 randomly

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20240428 rel.10981(4555)

Hello. It's kinda starting to drive me crazy and I don't know what to do anymore.

Currently I have AX80 with newest firmware version. Before that I had AX73.

On BOTH router, each several days (lately daily!), I lose internet connection to the whole internet in all devices, but on the top of that, during this time I cannot either login to the router though website and/or Tether app. Login page doesn't load at all, Tether app doesn't see router in active devices. After 30-60 seconds everything comes back to normal, internet comes back and I can login on both page and through Tether app.

Nothing appears in the logs during this time either.

Before I had non-TP-Link router and I never had such issues. At first switched to AX73, it was constantly happening, so I switched to something I thought will be better, my current AX80. Oh how wrong I was.

I don't know what to do at this point.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Losing internet connection AND ability to login to AX80 randomly
a week ago

@Linkyop 

Hi,

Please check if the internet from the ISP is stable or not.

If the internet from the front device is stable, please change the DNS settings on the router.

Here is a more detailed troubleshooting guidance for your reference.

Troubleshooting: Unstable connection on the TP-Link router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago
I'll try DNS. I don't have this issue on my old non-TP-Link router or directly connected cable. Why I cannot access settings tho during issue time? It looks like entire router was hanging.
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Changing DNS didn't helped, today I got disconnected two times with no ability to connect to the router interface either.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 88

Replies: 3

Related Articles