No internet - Deco XE75

No internet - Deco XE75
No internet - Deco XE75
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

aftet 6 months it suddenly stopped working. Red light, no internet. WiFi doesn't work and even cable doesn't connect to the internet. Can't view settings because deco app doesn't find deco network and this system gives me really big headaches for the 400 euro I spent. 

its like it's mocking me for the big money I spend for it very closed system which can't even tell what's the problem. ISP says everything is fine.

so what to do next, because I have been turning it on and off past 8 hours and I'm losing my mind. I can't do anything else because app doesn't let me.  I did nothing to the system. I didn't add a new product , I didn't even connect a new device to the network, it just felt like stop working today.

so since it's 7 months old, I would really want my money back (I contacted the seller). Meanwhile I do want to warn people not to buy this system (internet is full of problems with XE75).

if someone knows a fix, I would appreciatie it but more to see if is there is no fix, I can use it to pressure the seller into giving my money back.

very disappointed and dissatisfied about TP-Link. Thought it was good brand with good quality product.  But boy, I was mistaken.

Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet - Deco XE75
2 weeks ago

@dislikexe75 

Hi,

What do you mean that WIFI doesn't work? Will WIFI disappear?

If you can still connect to the Deco WIFI, please connect to the WIFI and then login the Deco APP and check if it can find the network.

You can also test with different devices.

For your case, please change DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

If you cannot change any settings when the issue happen, you can do it when the Deco is working normally.

Please use a wired device to connect to the front device, which is usually your ISP modem directly and test if it can get a stable internet connection.

The internet connection is unstable or suddenly stops working when connected to the Deco network?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:No internet - Deco XE75
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

App keeps saying “can’t find deco” and/or “can’t connect to deco”. 

So I can’t change anything in the app.

When I connect my device to deco WiFi network it appears to connect for 6-10 seconds (without internet) and then disconnects me.

So I did hard reset through physical reset button.

And now I cannot install the deco.

After doing the reset 8x more times, it finally allowed me to set up a new deco system.

But at last step, to connect to the internet, it bugs out.

And the problem that it keeps disconnecting me from the WiFi network (with or without internet) within 6 seconds.

The DNS cannot be changed or altered because of this.

I disconnected every and all deco’s.

I removed the internet cable (deco was set as accespoint) , put it directly on ISP modem.

I turned the WiFi on the ISP modem.

And now everything works so smooth , so the problem is truely related to the deco’s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 98

Replies: 2

Related Articles