После обновления ОС Ubuntu 22.04 до версии 24.04 не включился адаптер Wi-Fi TL - WN8200ND.

После обновления ОС Ubuntu 22.04 до версии 24.04 не включился адаптер Wi-Fi TL - WN8200ND.

2 weeks ago

Hello, dear interlocutors! I am Boris. My computer worked properly in the OS UBUNTU 22.04 with the network adapter TL-WN8200ND. I accepted the offer to update the OS from version 22.04 to version 24.04, but the update was not completed quite successfully. In particular, the network adapter stopped working. Please help me restore the network connection. Thank you in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:После обновления ОС Ubuntu 22.04 до версии 24.04 не включился адаптер Wi-Fi TL - WN8200ND.
a week ago

@Boris-37 

Hi Boris,

TL-WN8200ND only supports Linux 2.6.18-4.4.6. And there is no driver for your operation system on our official website. We cannot promise it can surely work with it.

If you want to use it with your computer and UBUNTU 22.04, you can search for a driver compatible with your system. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:После обновления ОС Ubuntu 22.04 до версии 24.04 не включился адаптер Wi-Fi TL - WN8200ND.
a week ago

@Boris-37

Hi Sunshine

Options
a week ago

@Boris-37 

Thank you for the informative answer. I took a risk, staying in OS 24.04, to perform the entire procedure described in the article at https://fostips.com/realtek-wifi-drivers-ubuntu-linux-mint/ (applicable to OS 22.04). The result, as expected, was unsatisfactory: the adapter turned on, but the Internet speed supplied by the Wi-Fi network did not exceed 2-3 Mbps. For now, I use a mobile phone as a USB modem. I am considering two options: to return to version 22.04 via a backup copy or to install a Wi-Fi repeater next to the PC and use a wired connection between these devices. I would be grateful if you express your opinion on this matter.

Options