Extending a home network

Extending a home network

Extending a home network
Extending a home network
a week ago - last edited a week ago

I have an old TL-MR3220 WiFi router. I have connected an ethernet cable to some distance away to an Apple TV box. I now wish to extend my network coverage by adding some device to the end of the ethernet cable. I have a TP-Link TL-SF1005D switch to split the feed from the ethernet cable. The termination of the cable is to far away from the wireless router to use a range extender. Can I add a WAP to the switch and will it create a new network from the TL-MR3220 with different login requirements? 

If this will not work, is there any other way I can extend my network. I am not fussy about speed, 10Mbs being more than adequate as this is the limitation of the radio network I access the net with.

Thanks in anticipation.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extending a home network-Solution

@Karooplaas 

Any wireless router in AP mode can be used to extend your wireless coverage further using the ethernet cable - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Extending a home network-Solution

@Karooplaas 

Any wireless router in AP mode can be used to extend your wireless coverage further using the ethernet cable - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extending a home network
a week ago

Thank you, much appreciated

@Karooplaas 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 82

Replies: 2

Related Articles