Does a new modem with U/P require anything to be done with my Deco mesh system?

неделю назад
Tags: #deco
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

I have my internet with Virgin Media Business Broadband.

They're coming around to replace my modem and to upgrade my internet package.

It's been about 4 years since I first setup my house with these M4 decos and I honestly can't remember the steps 😬

I checked in the app and there are no "internet/modem" settings or anything like that (e.g. no username/password of my modem in the app). 

So I think that if the modem is replaced, once it's switched back on and is confirmed as working by the engineer, that I'll then be able to get them to switch it to "modem only" mode for me, and connect it up via ethernet to my primary deco, and then it should all just... work! Right?  😅

i.e. It should just pick up the new internet connection and continue to use the same WiFi details (and other configuration) I set up in the app years back.

I just wanted to ask here first before the engineer comes around, in case someone says "noooo! there's more to it than that".

Anyway, thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does a new modem with U/P require anything to be done with my Deco mesh system?
неделю назад

@Integralist 

Hi,

If the ISP didn't change the information to do the internet configuration, the Deco M4 should be work after you connect to the new modem.

If you need to change internet settings, please go to more>Internet Connection>Internet Connection Type.

You can refer to the picture in step 1 and 2.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Does a new modem with U/P require anything to be done with my Deco mesh system?
неделю назад

Hi  @Sunshine 

Thanks for the feedback.

re:

> If the ISP didn't change the information to do the internet configuration

I'm not sure what this "information" is, but I'm presuming it's the username/password within the modem itself to access my ISP account/connection.

I would hope those details wouldn't change just to upgrade my service from one package to another, although they are going to replace my modem as it's an old version now.

re:

>  If you need to change internet settings, please go to more>Internet Connection>Internet Connection Type.

Looks like I have "Dynamic IP" selected under "Internet Connection Type" so doesn't look like I can enter any details there (although I have manually configured my DNS to use Google's `8.8.8.8` and `8.8.4.4` resolvers.

Options
неделю назад

@Integralist The "information" refers to connection type, username/password & DNS address(es).

As Sunshine mentioned, if all of them stays the same, your network will work as intended the moment the new modem is connected.

However, since they're going to replace the modem, DNS Address might change.

No need to worry, let them do their work first

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 3

Tags

deco
Related Articles