How to connect a new modem to my existing Deco network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-18 10:50:06
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Complete amateur here. I have an existing 3-station Deco 4R setup which works well. It is connected to a DSL cable modem. I have now moved from my ISP to a broadband mobile operator and they have provided me with a ZTE LTE modem.

I have set up the new LTE modem and it works great.

My question: How do I connect this new modem to my existing Deco network? The idea is to REMOVE the existing cable modem and add the new LTE modem with  minimal disruption. 

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to connect a new modem to my existing Deco network?
2022-06-21 06:21:32

@GHMKK 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested you could check the current internet connection type on the Deco M4, and it is under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPv4.

I think you need to use dynamic IP after changing to a ZTE LTE modem.

So if the current connection type is not dynamic IP, after removing the existing cable modem and adding the new LTE modem, you might need to manually change the connection type.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:How to connect a new modem to my existing Deco network?
2022-06-21 14:01:39

@GHMKK Thanks so much David-TP

After I posted my message, my local ISP support guy told me: "Just pull the cable out of the Deco and stick in the cable from the ZTE router!" I did that (with some trepidation) --- and it WORKED! 

Thanks again. I appreciated the reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 284

Replies: 2