Ethernet backhaul issue

Ethernet backhaul issue

Ethernet backhaul issue
Ethernet backhaul issue
a week ago

until recently I had a very successful Ethernet backhaul  network of X50 (4 in total) & P9 (5 in total) decos with the main X50 deco set to access point , however in the last 4 days only the 4 deco X50’s remain in Ethernet backhaul network and the 5 deco P9’s have reverted to WiFi network which is resulting in reduced performance , nothing else has changed in network all ethernet connections remain intact , no software updates are due. I have performed system reconnection powering all units down power up in WiFi only then connecting ethernet but without success, please advise what the issue might be.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul issue
a week ago

@Ballingly1 

Hi,

Please provide your network topology.

Besides, if there are any other devices like switches in the network, please also indicate their models.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Ethernet backhaul issue
a week ago

@Sunshine 

network topology is as follows 

modem connects to other brand router which connects to X50 deco in access point mode, from this main deco one ethernet connection is made  to a X50 satellite deco and one Ethernet connection is made to a TP link switch, (from the satellite X50 deco ethernet connections are made to two separate P9 decos , from one of these P9 decos there is a connection to another P9 deco and from this P9 Deco there is a connection to another P9 deco)  from the switch that is connected by Ethernet to the main X50 deco there is individual Ethernet connections made to two X50 decos and to one P9 deco. No other connections on the network. 

this configuration has worked perfectly with full stable Ethernet backhaul across both deco types on the network for greater than 9 months until 3 -4 days ago when now only the x50 decos are Ethernet backhaul connected.

Inoticed yesterday that my P9 decos need a firmware update ( not sure if this is linked to issue) however as of yet I have been unable to update software which unfortunately often seems to be the case but eventually it works 

hope this helps 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 2

Related Articles