How to connect TP-link Range extender to Deco M4 router

Monday - last edited Yesterday
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How to connect the TP-link extender RE305 to TP-link Deco M4 router? I have watched YouTube videos which ask to press a WPS button on both but I couldn't find WPS button on Deco M4 whereas on the TP-link extender it is present on the top of its surface. I need help to connect both to each other. Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to connect TP-link Range extender to Deco M4 router -Solution

@TP_extender123 

Ok.

Normally, if you tap on one of the two WPS buttons you see in the Deco app (preferably the WPS button of the Deco router that is located closest to your RE305) and then within two minutes press the WPS button of the RE305, a connection should be established.

If this does not work, then try to place the RE305 nearer to the Deco router whose WPS button you are tapping. Maybe also reset the RE305 and then try again. It should work.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to connect TP-link Range extender to Deco M4 router
Monday

@TP_extender123 

Hi,

The Deco products are almost completely App-controlled. You have to press the "virtual" WPS button in the Deco App. (should be in the "MORE" menu)

Options
Monday
Hi, In Deco M4 app's menu, there are two WPS signs, showing 2 Deco routers already working with my home network system. I want to connect a TP-Link RE305 V3 extender with this system, which I am not able to and need help in. Thanks
Options
Re:How to connect TP-link Range extender to Deco M4 router -Solution

@TP_extender123 

Ok.

Normally, if you tap on one of the two WPS buttons you see in the Deco app (preferably the WPS button of the Deco router that is located closest to your RE305) and then within two minutes press the WPS button of the RE305, a connection should be established.

If this does not work, then try to place the RE305 nearer to the Deco router whose WPS button you are tapping. Maybe also reset the RE305 and then try again. It should work.

Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday
Thank you so much. It has worked the way you have advised. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 65

Replies: 4

Related Articles