TP-Link AX6000 and TP-Link AX11000 Blocking access to Meta Horizon (on iPhone) and Oculus Quest 2

TP-Link AX6000 and TP-Link AX11000 Blocking access to Meta Horizon (on iPhone) and Oculus Quest 2

Tuesday - last edited Tuesday
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

Meta Horizon (running on iPhone 14) and Oculus Quest 2 can no longer connect to Meta's servers when connected to wifi using my TP-Link AX6000 and my neighbors TPLink AX11000.  The Oculus will start up but most of the apps are missing and none will run.  The Meta Horizon app on my iPhone also loads but all of the content is missing.  It is like the router is blocking access to some of the Meta Domains.

I have confirmed that the problem is likely with the router because, if I disconnect my phone from the wifi and use only cell data, the Meta Horizon app loads all of the content.  Also if I tether my Oculus Quest 2 to my phone using only cell data, all of the apps become available (yes very slow...).

Anyone else seeing this, it started some time last week.  I first reported it to Meta on Sep 12, 2024 and they told me that the router I am using needs to be configured to allow outbound connections for:

• 443 (TCP)
  • 3478 (TCP)
  • 50000-59999 range (UDP)

I thought all routers allow outbound traffic...

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX6000 and TP-Link AX11000 Blocking access to Meta Horizon (on iPhone) and Oculus Quest 2
Yesterday

@GamerGramp 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Thanks for your detailed sharing. Not all ports are forwarded automatically.  It is suggested to the suggestion from Meta support to take port forwarding on your Archer AX6000 for a try. Here is the configuration guide for your reference. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 43

Replies: 1

Related Articles