WiFi Coverage Solution

WiFi Coverage Solution

WiFi Coverage Solution
WiFi Coverage Solution
Sunday

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on how best to extend my network.

I have a sky fibre internet connection at around 140Mbps.  The sky router is connected to an Archer C7 router with a short cat5e cable.  The C7 manages the wifi network, and there is currently 1 Re705X range extender set up as a mesh network.  

Victorian house with some nice solid brick walls, footprint is approx 5m x 20m, and there's a loft extension so the house is over 3 levels.

Router is stuck on the ground floor right in the corner.  Network was obviously struggling downstairs at the back of the house (20m away) and also at the top of the house.  The RE705x is in the middle of the house on the ground floor and has done a good job of fixing the signal at the back of the house, and a reasonable job of fixing the signal in the loft, but the loft is still the weakest part of the network.

I'm minded to simply get another RE705x to go in the middle of the house on the first floor, but I'd also been wondering if rather than using range extenders would I be better off getting another router with stronger signals that I can place in the middle of the house and using it like a wirelessly connected access point (if that makes sense)?

Am I overthinking this and I should just get another RE705X?  Am I hopelessly ignorant and missing a better solution?  Any thoughts or opinions would be warmly welcomed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi Coverage Solution
Yesterday

@ChrisJG 

A second RE705x should be fine if you can connect it directly to your C7 as you did with the first one.

If not, consider this FAQ - Part 3 - Q3.6.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 39

Replies: 1

Related Articles