TL-MR6400 V5.3 – Return to original installed firmware.

Sunday
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have stupidly updated the stock firmware of my TL-MR6400 V5.3 to the one I found in https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/tl-mr6400/v5.30/#Firmware    ( TL-MR6400(EU)_V5.30_230418), which is not my region ? . I bought my router from Georgia. After updating, the router's web interface does present an error while searching for bands, networks as well as, while switching network mode to 4G only (please see attached images).

See the serial number of the router and other information (I don't have the packing box anymore)

It was working fine before, after I did the update it has a problem.

I put several operator sims in the router, but the problem is still there, The problem is that it does not recognize the SIM card.

I am waiting for your help.

Best regards,

otar orbelashvili

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 V5.3 – Return to original installed firmware.
Monday

@orbela 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

It is a pity to hear that.

You may try to download the firmware of TL-MR6400(APAC)_V5.3 from this official website (choose "Still Download"), and downgrade to this firmware following this method(same method as updating).

Options
Monday

@orbela 

Hello,

I downloaded (TL-MR6400(APAC)_V5.3_220506) and tried to update the firmware, but the problem was not solved.

When the update process is at 72% and 78%, I get error code 71211

See picture and video.

Video Error code

Video Error Code 2

At the beginning of the update, it stops at different percentages and writes the error code 52, 60 and stops at many other percentages. (error code 71211)

I am waiting for your help

Options
Monday

@orbela 

hello again,

After a few tries it completed the update, but the problem was not resolved :(

Now it says that I have Firmware Version: (1.6.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230418 Rel.34085n)

I tried the sim card of several operators... but the problem was not solved...

When I turn on the 4G modem, only then it lights up (antenna cooling indicator) for a moment and turns off.

I am waiting for your help

Options