Signal strength drops as soon as I connect

11 hours ago
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20240108 rel.42655

My WiFi signal strength is strong (2 or 3 bars) but as soon as I connect it drops down to 1 bar.  When I disconnect it jumps back to 2 or 3 bars.  I have have checked and my firmware is up to date.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Signal strength drops as soon as I connect
an hour ago - last edited an hour ago

@Amaklop 

I don't mean to sound like I'm talking to you like a idiot as I'm really not and not sure how I can word this any different, 

When you say you have 2-3 bars of signal but drops to 1 bar when you connect are you sure it's the wifi signal your seeing initially  and not your cell signal? 

I only ask as how do you know you have 2-3 bars of signal before you've connected to your wifi?

When you have 1 bar of wifi signal are you close to the router Or are you say a few rooms away from it?

There are apps out there that can give you signal readings of your wifi signal, the higher the number the weaker/worse the signal strength 

This is one of the apps I use/have that helps me monitor signal strengths of my routers and neighbouring wifi signals

This list shows my 3 routers ( madhouse wifi)

The top one is my main unit and the other 2 are my top floor unit amd my out house unit, 

The different numbers in signal strength shows the lower the number the stronger the signal aswell as the higher the number the weaker the signal is plus it also shows roughly how far away the unit is

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 25

Replies: 1

Related Articles