Should I get RE605X OR 715X and how much speed should I expect

14 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago
Model: RE715X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just got a wifi 6 router with 1000mbps speed, but in my room the internet reaches only around 90mbps 

I am not sure which one to get, re605x or re715x, re715x sounds like an overkill and is more expensive, what do you guys suggest? 

Connecting a device (with wifi) close to the router gives around 700mbps, The room and the main router aren't far ( 20 feet) but there are 2 walls in the way, even though I get good coverage in my room the internet speed drops to a 100mbps

what speed am I gonna get realistically from the extenders?

Will I get something around 400mbps from the extender ? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Should I get RE605X OR 715X and how much speed should I expect -Solution
10 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago

@Maxkh 

Hi,

"Wifi 6 router with 1000mbps speed" doesn't tell everything.

If this "Wifi 6 router" only supports 80 MHz channel width, then yes, you would not be able to use the full potential of the RE715X.

However, if your router supports 160 MHz channel width, then the RE715X would be the better option if you care about speed.

The speed you can get through the two walls will largely depend on the properties of the walls. 

Anyway, if you get 90-100 Mbps without range extender, then don't expect more than 200 Mbps with range extender. The main purpose of these wireless range extenders is to increase the signal strength, but the increase in speed is usually not that big (or in certain cases even non-existent).

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Should I get RE605X OR 715X and how much speed should I expect -Solution
10 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago

@Maxkh 

Hi,

"Wifi 6 router with 1000mbps speed" doesn't tell everything.

If this "Wifi 6 router" only supports 80 MHz channel width, then yes, you would not be able to use the full potential of the RE715X.

However, if your router supports 160 MHz channel width, then the RE715X would be the better option if you care about speed.

The speed you can get through the two walls will largely depend on the properties of the walls. 

Anyway, if you get 90-100 Mbps without range extender, then don't expect more than 200 Mbps with range extender. The main purpose of these wireless range extenders is to increase the signal strength, but the increase in speed is usually not that big (or in certain cases even non-existent).

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Should I get RE605X OR 715X and how much speed should I expect
7 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago

After googling the router model number, it does actually support 160mhz

I guess I should go with the re715x

The router is ZTE ZXHN F6600P

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 42

Replies: 2