ER605 second WAN Port is connected but doesn't go online

Thursday - last edited Friday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6

Hi everyone,

Have an issue with my second internet source.

Just had one internet connection (DSL Modem) which is connected to ER605 WAN Port and is connected via PPPoE with the Modem. Due to some bad weather this internet connection got offline for some days and I seached for a second internet line.

Installed a ZTE 5G (MC801A) with a Simcard which should be my second source.

Activated second WAN/LAN1 port for WAN activities, configured it as Dynamic IP (IP should be sent by ZTE router which acts as DHCP Server). On the ZTE I have done DMZ for the ER605 so that ports shoudnt be an issue.

Internet (fixed IP) <-> ZTE Modem/Router (10.100.10.0/24) <-> ER605 (10.110.10.0/23)

I managed to get ZTE Router with ER605 connected, so ER605 gets IP address from ZTE and has the state "connected" but, unfortunately the "online detection" shows this source as offline, even though I can access from ZTE router directly to Internet (if I connect eg my phone or notebook directly to ZTE router)

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? Maybe a DNS issue?...

If some infirmation are missing, please let me know.

thx

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605 second WAN Port is connected but doesn't go online-Solution
Friday - last edited 11 hours ago
Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@Clive_A 

thank you Clive, this was the reason. Deactivated Link Backup and now it shows me as "online".

thx 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 second WAN Port is connected but doesn't go online
Friday

@CaptMauser 

for isolation, try using the zte on the other ports.

Options
Friday - last edited 11 hours ago
Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@Clive_A 

thank you Clive, this was the reason. Deactivated Link Backup and now it shows me as "online".

thx 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 3

Related Articles