Two powerline networks from one router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-17 20:30:44
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

Don't know if anyone can help. I have a TP-Link router with connections to two Powerline devices which service different electrical circuits. I have renamed the Network Name on one to distinguish from the other which uses the default name. When using the scanner software to diagnose any problems it will only pick up the extender with the default name. The remote devices (which are mainly WPA281s giving wireless coverage) on the default network also show up on the scan and have unique IP addresses whereas on the other network they don't seem to. Am I missing something or am I trying to do too much with these devices ? Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Regards, Mervyn Brown
Options
1 Reply
Re:Two powerline networks from one router
2013-08-18 16:27:23
If the computer is connected to the WIFI of TL-WPA281, then i will show up in another network because the wireless can overpass the electricity.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1

Related Articles