Advice required about switching off Powerline Adapters.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-18 00:26:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have hardware version 2 but this does not appear in the dropdown list. I apologise if this appears to be a stupid question but I have not been able to find
anything at all that relates to it either in the TP literature or on the forums . I have one adapter for my router and one for my YouView box supplied by Talk Talk.
At night, I switch off my PC and my router as well as the TV and the YouView box. Is it ok to switch off both Powerline adapters at the plug? If it is ok, is there any
action required on my part when I switch them on again? Any advice will be warmly welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Advice required about switching off Powerline Adapters.
2013-08-18 15:38:32
There are no setting required when you turned them back on because they are just plug and play units. But i heard that, it is not good to unplug them from wall sockets every day but can unplug them after a week or a month work because some of the units have the power save function.
Options
2013-08-18 16:04:38
I do not intend unplugging the adapters but just switching them off at the wall socket. It is not clear from your answer whether it is ok or not to switch the adapters off at the wall socket. Clarification would be welcome.
Options
2013-08-22 16:33:47
What i want to say is that you can switch them off but not quite frequently because the units are designed to work continuously. If you switch them off everyday, it will consume more then let it with power for about one week.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1799

Replies: 3

Related Articles