MR 3420 Can't access webpage of my Virgin Router even with different IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-18 04:46:10
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin and 3

Hi

I'm trying to setup my 3420 router with Virgin cable as the WAN and a "3" cellular dongle as my failover. Both work fine in isolation.

However, the problem I have is both the TP Link 3420 and Virgin router have the same IP address: 192.168.0.1
I have tried changing the IP address of the TP Link router and also the IP address of the Virgin router (which can be set to "Modem mode" - 192.168.100.1).

However, even with different IP addresses, I am unable to access the web management page of both routers. It's always either one or the other.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Simon
Options
2 Reply
Re:MR 3420 Can't access webpage of my Virgin Router even with different IP address
2013-08-19 03:43:50
I seemed to have fixed this by myself.

It seems the web management page of the WAN router can only be accessed when the WAN is in operation. I should have realised that really, doh!

Apart from that, I did a firmware update and set the TP-link router's IP to 192.168.50.50. That seemed to do the trick.

Also, my firewall was stopping the TP-link web management page from displaying properly. Adding an exception to the firewall fixed that problem.
Options
Re:MR 3420 Can't access webpage of my Virgin Router even with different IP address
2013-08-19 14:21:48
May I know what firewall do you use?
Based on your experience, next time when i meet the same issue, i will first try as what you've done.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 2