Adding wireless extension to TL-PA411KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-21 20:46:57
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just bought the TL-PA411KIT to connect up to my smart TV, and the wired connection to the TV is working really well. However, I would like to add a wireless powerline to the same network to improve the wifi signal for iPad/iPhone etc use downstairs, which is poor due to the thick walls. Is there a wireless powerline that is compatible with tmy existing setup? Or should I send the TL-PA411KIT back, and get a different model that will give me both a wired and wireless extension?

Thanks for any help.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Adding wireless extension to TL-PA411KIT
2013-08-22 16:53:19
You can just get a wireless powerline in your house and then that should be fine. You can have a look at TL-WPA281, TL-WPA271,TL-WPA2220,TL-WPA4220.. All these wireless power line adapters are compatible with yours.
Options
thanks!
2013-08-22 17:19:52
Thanks for the reply. Have just bought the TP-Link TL-WPA281 so looking forward to setting it up. I see it also has a wired connection. Can you use the wired and wireless function at the same time? For example, can you have it plugged into a media streamer via ethernet, for instance, and be using it to transmit a wireless signal to your iphone in the same room at the same time? Or do you have to choose one or the other?
Options
Re:Adding wireless extension to TL-PA411KIT
2013-08-23 09:40:16
Yes, you can use the wired and wireless connection at the same time. However, it is not recommended to connect over 6 clients to it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1166

Replies: 3