Wan prefered mode issue on MR3220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-01 18:43:07
Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : mr3220v2_en_3_15_2_up_boot(130423)

ISP : Onatel (ADSL) and airtel (3G)

Hello everyone

I am living in an african country with very bad telephone network… ADSL is available and quite cheap but there are many failure (maybe twice a week, during hours) and it is quite hard for office use. 3G has also been available 3 months ago and it is great, but quite expansive. That’s why I have choosen this router, to configure it in « wan prefered » mode, in order to backup on 3G when ADSL is down.

It works well when there is wan failure, in 30 seconds back up is ok on 3G. But when wan come back, MR3220 don’t switch back on wan. I have tried all connexion type for wan : IP static, Ip dynamic, and PPOE. For each connexion type it works perfectly to go from wan to 3G after the failure, but impossible to switch back.

Can you please help me ? Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wan prefered mode issue on MR3220
2013-09-02 14:20:46
MR3220 in my case do failback to wan (adsl type) .

Accept what detect connection type returns (in my case PPPoE) .

In that case the wan port registers a second true ip from your provider.

If this is the situation already i'm afraid this is close to what i've noticed .

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?72459-TL-MR3020-switches-to-3g-with-no-reason&region=china
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 1

Related Articles