No internet access with TP740N router using Cable internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-02 00:57:08
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.16.3 Build 130104 Rel.55864n

ISP : ACT broadband

Dear TP-Link,

I am unable to access internet internet using TP-Link 740N wi-fi router. am able to access internet when I connect my RJ45 cable provided by ISP directly to Laptop.
I am able to connect to internet through wi-fi router after several restarts.

are there any settings needs to be updated, to get connected to internet using wi-fi router always (without multiple restarts every time :( ).

Regards,
Venkat
Options
6 Reply
Re:No internet access with TP740N router using Cable internet connection
2013-09-09 15:48:39
Hi Friends,

Even I am facing the same problem as venkat.tadkonda is facing. Recently I have purchased TP link router but it takes long time to glow WAN Led minimum 5 - 10 mins. But when I connect the net wire directly into pc with duplex speed 10 mbps it is working fine. And also the speed is very slow with router. I believe if I change tp link duplex to 10 mbps it will work fine but there is no such setting in tp link router to change duplex speed. I also googled to check if there is any setting to duplex speed but there is no such option.

Below are the steps I did

Hard reset
firmware upgraded

But nothings work even my ISP don't understand the problem. I thought there could be hardware problem and I replaced the same with new one. But nothing worked.

I think my problem will resolve if I change duplex speed of router to 10 mbps because I was facing same problem with pc if I keep duplex speed to auto negation and also one thing that my internet wire directly goes into pc and it's a Hathway cable net.

Please advice

Regards,
Dinesh Pise
Options
2013-09-09 15:59:37
Hi Friends,

Even I am facing the same problem as venkat.tadkonda is facing. Recently I have purchased TP link router but it takes long time to glow WAN Led minimum 5 - 10 mins. But when I connect the net wire directly into pc with duplex speed 10 mbps it is working fine. And also the speed is very slow with router. I believe if I change tp link duplex to 10 mbps it will work fine but there is no such setting in tp link router to change duplex speed. I also googled to check if there is any setting to duplex speed but there is no such option.

Below are the steps I did

Hard reset
firmware upgraded

But nothings work even my ISP don't understand the problem. I thought there could be hardware problem and I replaced the same with new one. But nothing worked.

I think my problem will resolve if I change duplex speed of router to 10 mbps because I was facing same problem with pc if I keep duplex speed to auto negation and also one thing that my internet wire directly goes into pc and it's a Hathway cable net.

Please advice

Regards,
Dinesh Pise
Options
Thanks for sharing
2013-10-02 20:25:56
I am final, I am sorry, but it is necessary for me little bit more information.
Options
Mac address bind by isp
2014-06-11 18:50:06
Many isp that uses PPPOE or username and password binds your Mac address ask them to release it. I had the same problem and now after releasing my mac address that was binded by my isp there is no internet caution sign and its working fine. gl
Options
2014-06-13 17:09:44
Mac clone funtcion.
Options
2014-07-11 02:21:06
I've setup my 740N properly. Currently I don't have any issues. Check out my blogspot, it'll help you select right settings.
Options