Need info about TP-Link TL-ANT2415D

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-11 16:29:09
Region : Iran

Model : TL-ANT2415D

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I need some info about this antenna. What is its maximum operating range ? will this work within a 1.5 KM radius with nothing interfering between my home and antenna ? and also with which router/access point can i use it with ? i have plans to buy TP-Link TL-WA5110G router to use it with this antenna. will this work ? if not then i will buy TP-Link TL-5210G. Any help will be much appreciated. thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need info about TP-Link TL-ANT2415D
2013-12-09 11:31:32

panjgoori wrote

Region : Iran

Model : TL-ANT2415D

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I need some info about this antenna. What is its maximum operating range ? will this work within a 1.5 KM radius with nothing interfering between my home and antenna ? and also with which router/access point can i use it with ? i have plans to buy TP-Link TL-WA5110G router to use it with this antenna. will this work ? if not then i will buy TP-Link TL-5210G. Any help will be much appreciated. thanks

Aha~ I used to have same doubt about the coverage of antennas. But now I have figured out the trick. : )

Antenna is a passive device. SO talking about the transfer distance of a antenna does not make any sense. It also depends on the transmitter, in another words, the router or AP.

I think you need powerful outdoor AP like TL-WA7210N or TL-WA5210G. They are outdoor CPEs dedicated to long-distance wireless transmission. (They have 12dbi built-in directional antenna so external antenna won't be necessary).

Also, you need a pair of them. Because if we have just one powerful AP like below:

Powerful AP ))))1.5Km ((( your laptop

Your laptop will fail to talk back to the AP because it does not have enough power to transmit wireless packets for such a long distance.

I am using two outdoor AP like below:

SiteA ----- AP1 )))) 2.2Km ((( AP2(client mode)----- Site B

It works like a charm !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 1