Speed is slower than what I get from original router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-13 16:41:48
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Singtel Fibre optic

I just got the 200Mbps Fibre Optic, the modem and router were placed in living hall, the signal was weak when I used my notebook in bedroom with door closed. Therefore I bought the WPA281 kit and hope that it would improve the speed.

After tedious set up, the powerline was working steadily but the speed of wired or wifi was much much lower than connection to the router in living room. I did a speed test, the download speed was 50KB while upload was 90KB, I never seen the download speed could be lower than upload speed. I also did a speed test for wifi to router with my door closed, the speed was 35MB for download and 25MB for upload. I checked thru the set up with the manual, everything was correct.

Anybody can help advise what goes wrong.

Any question is that I have a wifi printer, if it connects to the router network, can I use it when I am in TP-Link network.

Thank you for viewing and pls help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed is slower than what I get from original router
2013-09-16 09:09:05
the speed can be affected by the status of the power line network. maybe you can check the link speed with the utility in CD.
also, electric equipment with electric motor near the adapter may decrease the speed.
hope this helps
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 1