New BT home hub4 -do I have to re-link my powerline adaptors to the new router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-26 01:33:55
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hello! we live in a remote rural village, a place with ADSL broadband, no cable in the street. Speed is only 1.5Mbps download service at best. To improve wifi in the house and separate office, I bought TP link powerline adaptors. They have been great- I have 3 of them. All our computers are macintosh so I cant' control the settings via the software provided,
which only works on PC. I was able to link them etc via technical help from TP link geeks, thank you.

Now we have a new BT home hub 4 router., it was supposed to improve internet speeds and have a better range. so far neither is true at ALL. I wonder if I need to do something to make the new home hub recognise the TP power line adaptors? Devices recognise the TP links, but the speed is just as slow. Ethernet service to my desktop is fine, ethernet service via powerline adaptors DOES work. But the wifi broadcast on the other unit is still terrible.

any comments welcome. The family is so fed up with this slow wifi, I would pay for another router myself if I was sure it would really broadcast a better signal.

best regards from the countryside......
Options
1 Reply
Re:New BT home hub4 -do I have to re-link my powerline adaptors to the new router?
2013-09-27 10:22:14
But the wifi broadcast on the other unit is still terrible.
//i'm confused, the wifi is fom which device? as i know, TL-PA211 has no wireless function
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 931

Replies: 1

Related Articles