UPnP/SSDP problem over wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-10-01 16:27:40
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.2 Build 130530 Rel.40324n

ISP :

Hi,
I have a problem using an iPhone based UPnP media player when connected to the network via the wireless on a WPA281. The network path is: iPhone -> TL-WPA281 wireless -> TL-PA211 -> switch -> Media server. Using an alternative wireless access point, but still going over the powerline network (iPhone -> BT Hub wireless -> TL-PA211 -> TL-PA211 -> switch -> Media server it does work. Using a packet sniffer on another computer connected to the final switch I can see the SSDP broadcasts being sent out when the iPhone is looking for media servers if I am connected via the BT Hub wireless, but not if connected to the WPA281 wireless. The same problem occurs with both the 120210 and 130530 firmware.
I have seen on-line references to blocked SSDP packets on other TP-Link products (the TL-WR841N wireless router). Is there a similar problem here, and is there a fix?

Thanks,
Ian
Options
1 Reply
Re:UPnP/SSDP problem over wireless
2013-10-14 11:15:41
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 868

Replies: 1

Related Articles