Utility - 'The local device hasn't been connected, please connect the local device'.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Utility - 'The local device hasn't been connected, please connect the local device'.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-11-20 05:15:05
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am the proud owner of three new tl-PA411's. They are successfully installed, connected and exchanging data.

I want to experiment with security, and different network names as I hope to have to separate powerline networks, and I wanted to check this works, that the two networks are secure and test what sort of performance impact I might get if both networks are running at the same time in the same house.

So I installed the powerline utility; and fail at the first hurdle. I connected my PC to two of the three units (direct ethernet cable – data is transfering ok) but the utility reports 'The local device hasn't been connected, please connect the local device'.

I'm at a loss to what to do next.
Any idea why the utility is not connecting to the PA411?

Also any comments on the performance impact of running two networks in same mains? I assume that both networks will have to share the available bandwidth; but will they do it nicely?

Cheers
Options
2 Reply
Re:Utility - 'The local device hasn't been connected, please connect the local device'.
2013-12-04 17:33:17
The utility is a suck. If you can surf the internet, uninstall the utility because it's useless.

How can you get 2 separated powerline networks with 3 411? It's weird .

I think , if you successfully create 2 separated networks within one circuit, 411 will work overload.
Options
Re:Utility - 'The local device hasn't been connected, please connect the local device'.
2013-12-22 02:57:24

Detective Dee wrote

The utility is a suck. If you can surf the internet, uninstall the utility because it's useless.

How can you get 2 separated powerline networks with 3 411? It's weird .

I think , if you successfully create 2 separated networks within one circuit, 411 will work overload.

Thanks for the reply DD;

I'm thinking the same about the utility. I would have needed a 4th 411 to make two links of course, but no point buying it if I can't get the two networks to work. Performance is a concern, but I won't know how much unless I can test it.

I'm still trying to get this to work.
Regards
Martin
Options