How to configure MR 3020 to Alliance Broadband with static IP (Kolkata)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-11-23 18:19:44
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Alliance Broadband

Sorry I couldn't provide the firmware version of my MR3020.
The difficulties I'm facing:
Cannot open the TP Link setup page (ip 192.168.0.254) when the switch is turned on to Access Point page.
Putting the switch on to 3G/4G mode, I could access the setup page and from there in quick installation, selecting WAN only, I tried putting the Static ip provided by the ISP, Alliance Broadband (Kolkata). After putting on every thing like DNS server etc etc, I tried connecting to the internet, but it couldnot even open the login page of the ISP. I replaced the product and got a new one, same problem here too. Tried with decreasing the MTU size to 1480 and 1460 (default is 1500) too.
Please help me out.
But in contrast, my friend having a SITI Broadband connection didn't even have to configure the same MR3020 by putting on the IP address. He plugged on the Lan cable, the device was auto configured. Please help me with the proper way of configuring. I'm novice in networking....
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure MR 3020 to Alliance Broadband with static IP (Kolkata)?
2013-12-05 17:13:17
Well, when the mode is Access Point, the RJ-45 interface is acting as WAN and you must visit the setup page via wireless.
If you can already get to the internet via the cable, you just need to plug it into the RJ-45 interface in Access Point mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 925

Replies: 1