No internet connection (I tried everything)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-03 18:08:10
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

4 mounts ago I have purchased powerline TL-WPA4220KIT (V 1.0). I was very happy with it, because it was very simple to setup (plug&play). It was excellent solution in my case, because now I was able to use WiFi on the other side of the house. After a mouth of excellent work it just stopped working.
I think I tried everything:

- pair devices allover again
- pair devices from another outlet
- device reboot
- reset factory settings
- resetting router
- replacing Ethernet cable that connects remote station and router
- reinstall network adapter
- checking for firmware updates ( it was up to date)
- setting IP and DNS manually
- connect device directly to the PC
(all lights on the device are green!!!!)

After all this trying I still don't have an internet connection thou the powerline adapter! :(

Every time I reboot powerline device it changes his IP address. I tried to change powerline IP and Sub Mask thou the device setup interface, but after required reboot IP changes again and Subnet Mask stays the same.

Powerline IP: 169.254.80.206
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

I hoop some one can help me.
Options
1 Reply
Re:No internet connection (I tried everything)
2014-01-06 18:00:10
The powerline IP changes bacause it cannot find a router . This means that the powerline did not connect to your router properly. You can check the connection between the router and 4220 by LED indicater.

If all the connection was OK, you can try to change the IP of your PC or iPad or others to the same network as your router.

If you connect directly to the router, can you access the internet?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 1

Related Articles