Is the Powerline Extender WPA4220 compatible with the adapter PA511?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-09 08:01:01
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two PA511 Powerline Adapters and a WR1043ND router. This has been working fine for about a year.

I've now added a Powerline Extender WPA4220 but can't get the wifi cloning to work. I see that the wired ethernet connection isn't working either. Are these perhaps incompatible devices? Would be nice to know before I spend much more time on it.

Thanks
Neil
Options
2 Reply
Re:Is the Powerline Extender WPA4220 compatible with the adapter PA511?
2014-01-09 16:26:06
try pairing them in same room/socket. then you know they are paired. Same with wifi clone. then move them to the rooms you want them in.(after testing)

if they are both homeplug AV standard they should work.
Options
Re:Is the Powerline Extender WPA4220 compatible with the adapter PA511?
2014-01-09 18:50:02

rearanger wrote

try pairing them in same room/socket. then you know they are paired. Same with wifi clone. then move them to the rooms you want them in.(after testing). If they are both homeplug AV standard they should work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried with the extender plugged into an adjacent socket to the adapter that is connected to the router. The first thing I note after switching on the power is that only the power LED is lit, Powerline and Ethernenet LEDs are both off (the WiFi LED is blinking quickly).

The management utility software supplied with the unit fails to find any devices. Using the WPS button (QSS on my router) fails to make the connection, as does trying manual QSS from the router management page. I've also disabled MAC filtering while I try to get this setup.

Can you suggest anything else to try before I decide that the device is faulty?

Thanks
Neil
Options