TLMR3020 V 1.9: Unable to connect internet with ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+ Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TLMR3020 V 1.9: Unable to connect internet with ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+ Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-09 17:49:30
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : TL-MR3020_V1_130929

ISP : Reliance Netconnect+

I cant able to connect internet with TL-MR3020 Ver:1.9 using ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+ usb modem please Help anyone. I am totally disappointed with this product, i referred the modem compatibility list of usb modems http://www.tp-link.in/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3020 before i bought this tplink 3G router.As per the list my usb modem(ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+) is compatible and i upgraded the firmware with latest firmware ver:TL-MR3020_V1_130929 but again the situation is same as before(status identified and connecting).
PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks Advance Alson
Options
2 Reply
TP Link MR-3020 not working with Reliance Netconnect ZTE AC2738 - India
2014-05-01 11:20:05

Alsonvalex wrote

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : TL-MR3020_V1_130929

ISP : Reliance Netconnect+

I cant able to connect internet with TL-MR3020 Ver:1.9 using ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+ usb modem please Help anyone. I am totally disappointed with this product, i referred the modem compatibility list of usb modems http://www.tp-link.in/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3020 before i bought this tplink 3G router.As per the list my usb modem(ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+) is compatible and i upgraded the firmware with latest firmware ver:TL-MR3020_V1_130929 but again the situation is same as before(status identified and connecting).
PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks Advance Alson

Same issue with me.

The only difference with me is that I have Hardware Version : 1.0 and the country is India. I have also tried updating router with latest Firmware and all manual settings but nothing works. Please help/suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Options
Solution - TLMR3020 Unable to connect internet with ZTE AC2738 Reliance Netconnect+
2014-05-01 14:45:15

Hi Alsonvalex,

Consider myself as an identical sufferer as I was also unable to find a fix to the same problem with my own TL-MR3020 unit with Reliance ZTE AC2738 dongle - The only difference between us is that I am from India & my router hardware version is v1. Here is the details for everyone's reference.

Product Category : 3G/4G Routers
Model : TL-MR3020
Hardware Version : V1 (MR3020 v1 00000000, as per router configuration page)
Firmware Version : 3.17.2 Build 140408 Rel.32256n (April 2014 release)
Router S/N : 138D8800903
Operating System : Windows 7, 64 bit
Internet Service Provider : Reliance
Details of USB modem: : Reliance Netconnect+, Modem ZTE AC2738
Problem Category : Compatibility issue with Reliance USB data card
Problem Description : Router does not connect after successful configuration. Although it identifies the modem but shows signal strength 0 and does not connect to internet.

I did research a lot, tried all possible and suggested configurations. Not to mention reaching out TP Link customer support and sending emails separately to support email ID - I am yet to receive a response from their side.

Finally after struggling a lot and and waiting for a response from tech support, I found some people (Ashish Sahu, to be specific) hinting at downgrading the Firmware - Downgrading the Firmware (and mentioning Auto-Detect in the WAN config followed by selecting DHCP) was a calculated risk I took and that resolved the issue.

Here is the download link for the old Firmware - Requesting to maintain proper caution before applying.

Link to download OLD Firmware

Now my router is working like a charm !

Anyway, it is already more that 3 months you have posted the issue and that's the only possible match I found while looking for a solution to my own issue. I am posting this so that other people stuck with similar issue may find it useful. Do confirm how you got your solution - consider sharing the Firmware/bin file or configurations that worked for you.

Thank you.

Acknowledgement/Courtesy : Ashish Sahu's post on wordpress
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 2