Tl-pa211 faulty?!?! Blew up!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-15 14:53:40
Region : Australia

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Internode

Hi all,

I have two powerline adaptors. I used to have three. I had one at one end of the house and another at the other end. Well just last week one of them stopped working. I tried it in all the power points in the house. It wouldn't light up or turn on. Anyway, I gave it a day. Tried plugging it into the wall again in it's usual spot. It lit up green! Yay! Not for long. It smoked crackled and popped! Now today another one has done it (completely different power point) - except it hasn't popped on me. It's just not lighting up or turning on. I'm too scared to keep trying to plug it in to the wall in case it decides to do what the last one did.

Serial numbers start with 113 on the two I have. The other one I threw out. I originally bought two in a kit and one separate. I really should have kept the one that went bang and taken photos.

What can/should I do? I've tried ringing the Australian phone number for TP-Link but it keeps ringing out...
Options
5 Reply
Re:Tl-pa211 faulty?!?! Blew up!
2014-01-16 08:51:16
Contact TP-LINK seller.
Options
2014-01-16 10:35:40

Detective Dee wrote

Contact TP-LINK seller.

I've tried this. But...

#1 I don't have my purchase receipt
#2 I don't have my original packaging
#3 The seller is MSY
Options
2014-01-16 11:51:14
God, you are too careless.
Just find the popped powerline and take a picture to put on the internet. Leave you telephone, then the TP-LINK seller will contact you. hah
Options
2014-01-16 13:14:04
No - I'm not too careless. I ditched the packaging as I don't need to keep the box for every single item I ever purchase. The product is cheap anyway, I'll just ditch the working unit and throw out the one that's no longer working just as I said I did for the one that went bang! Last time I ever buy a TP-Link product though. A shame as I have a few switches and they're all great. Too bad so sad I suppose. 3 year warranty - yeah right.
Options
TL-PA211s Dying
2014-02-22 00:57:52
I bought four TL-PA211s in August 2012 and all four have now failed. On mine the lights just went out, no pops or bangs. All four have been replaced under warranty but it has cost me enough in postage to pay for one of them. Like you, I am not impressed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 5