Unable to Clone wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to Clone wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to Clone wifi
Unable to Clone wifi
2014-01-18 07:42:33
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I am using the Virgin Super Hub 2 and I can not clone my WiFi using the Powerline. I have purchased 2 sets of powerline as I thought one was faulty but it is the same thing. My router sends out 2 signals, a 2G and a 5G signal.

When I plug in the wireless extender it will come up as a wireless network but it won't connect. It only works when I have connected the powerline adapter to my router.

I did everything as follows, First I plugged in the extender, I then pushed the Wifi clone button on my extender and I pushed the WPS button on my router. My WPS button started flashing and my extender started blinking slowly. But eventually my WPS stopped flashing and the powerline stopped blinking, and it still wasn't connected. I would like to know what I am doing wrong.
My WPS is working perfectly fine as I have no issues connecting my iPhone and Laptop via WPS.

P.s. When both adapters are plugged in the extender works well by sending out its own signal, it just is unable to clone my network to unify them. I don't want to keep on having to switch networks every time I move upstairs and downstairs.

Please help! Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to Clone wifi
2014-01-21 11:38:32
What you have done is taking the powerline adapter as TL-WA850RE(a real range extender).

TL-WA850RE connect the router with wireless, connect your iphone with wireless. However, the wireless powerline adapter connect your router with powerline, the clone button is just doing the following :

copy the wireless settings from the router, and take it as its own settings . Then ,you iphone can connect it though the same SSID , send data to it, and it send the data to the router VIA POWERLINE!
It's why when you plug all the 2 powerline adapter, it can work fine.

Wireless powerline adapter is not a EXTENDER in your mind.
Options
Me Too!
2014-09-02 06:20:26
Hi DaniiCEO,
Did you every solve your problem? I ask because I have exactly the same situation. I cloned my extender to my old Vigin Superhub with no problem. Then I get the upgrade to Superhub 2 and it is exactly as you describe. It is very frustrating, but do you know of a solution?
Regards
Alan
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2785

Replies: 2

Related Articles