Manually extend network (without WPS)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-18 17:09:24
Region : Chile

Model : TL-WPA2220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : VTR

Today I bought an TL-WPA2220KIT to extend my existing wireless to my garden (it was recently roofed and thanks to this, the wifi signal is getting pretty unstable there). The wireless is provided by a TP Link TL-WR941ND router, connected to a cable modem. The problem is I couldn't get the WPS set-up to work! I press the TL-WR941ND QSS button and it doesn't clone to the adapter. I've tried the same, several times (even after a "reset") and there was not sucess.

To test the kit, I finally decided to set-up a new wifi network and the internet works great, but actually I wanted to extend my existing network to avoid switching between the networks when I'm using my tablet and of course, avoid to give two passwords when people ask for wifi at my home. Is there a way to manually-extend and configure the already existing network? I really hope so...

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Manually extend network (without WPS)
2014-01-21 11:40:51
just manually set the same SSID & password .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 1

Related Articles