TPLA211 Password issue - status 'Invalid' when Pairing using Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-19 20:20:40
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Everything Everywhere - Brightbox

I have purchased a WPA281 and am unable to get the TLPA211 station to pair using the press-button method.

I have followed the instructions provided in the set up guide and have also referred to the post dated March 2013 on this forum, explaining the 2 ways to pair.

I have created a network which allows me to connect to the internet and the Powerline option of the Management Utility sees the station I would like to add. But upon entering the 16 character password, it returns 'status invalid' and the station goes offline. I have checked the password and assume that it should be entered in capital letters and that there are no numbers. I'm pretty sure that I'm entering the password correctly. The TLPA211 station is plugged in the same room, within 2 metres of the WPA281 host.

If anybody has encountered this issue before and has figured out a solution, I'd be really keen to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:TPLA211 Password issue - status 'Invalid' when Pairing using Powerline
2014-01-22 14:29:55
just reset them, and pair again.
press pair button of PA211 as longer as 8 seconds.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 1