TL-WPA281 - Network setup - Is this USUAL?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-20 22:45:18
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a TL-WPA281. Following installation and configuring the Powerline Extender can you confirm that the following is usual behaviour?

When I move from one area of my home to a another further away, my wireless device must disconnect from the original wi-fi network and reconnect to the new network (labelled TP-LINK_xxxxxx by default)?

I understood, this device would extend my current network, keeping the name and password, to areas of my home that the standard router could not reach. Boost the existing signal, so to speak. It doesn't seem to do that, it has created another separate wi-fi network which causes problems with my music system (SONOS) and media playback (PS3)

Any help / advice / pointers would be most appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA281 - Network setup - Is this USUAL?
2014-01-21 18:03:29
No, not the usual behaviour.
When I configured OK, The TP-LINK_xxxxxx was changed to the same SSID&password as the router.
And there only exist one network in my house.

Your Wi-Fi clone must be failed. I suggest u configure WPA281 manually refer to http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398. Set the same SSID & password with your router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 1

Related Articles