TL-PA451KIT - loss of signal/internet access drops fairly regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA451KIT - loss of signal/internet access drops fairly regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:TL-PA451KIT - loss of signal/internet access drops fairly regularly
2014-02-18 05:13:09
Same here,
Applied firmware to my TL-PA4010KIT, problem sorted.
Thanks - DM
Options
2014-12-19 03:37:36
I got sent the above Beta firmware by support earlier today and installed it using the Power line Utility software however I then immediately lost all connection on all three plugs. After swapping them around and trying to reconnect/pair the devices nothing seemed to work. Frustrated I left them for 30 mins and when I came back they were working again. Seems like the firmware takes a while to transmit to the other plugs perhaps? One odd thing I now notice though is despite network connectivity being re-established the plug unit by my PC only has two lights showing, the Power line LED light is OFF completely. Can anyone clarify please if this indicates that this particular plug has left the network i.e. it is no longer paired and working independantly? :confused:
Options
2014-12-19 16:08:54
After upgrade the firmware, did you pair them?
If not, follow this guide. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=258
The powerline light will be on if they are communicating with each other.
Options
2014-12-19 22:25:34
Hi Mavis, yes as stated above pairing simply wouldn't work. I did initially receive the on-screen message saying that firmware update was successful however I'm guessing it takes a little longer to send the update over the network to the other plug units. I did notice during my pairing attempts that the PowerLine LED was blinking which according to the instructions suggests it was transferring data, perhaps the update maybe? All seems well now thankfully and no random disconnections as yet but it's early days. I'm not holding my breath though. It's a great shame that TP-Link have been so slow to provide a fix for this issue, I contacted them around 6-7 times but they just kept saying they would pass it to another department, not very helpful when your connection keeps failing. My final communication I sent them the link to these forums in the hope they might see the scale of this problem. Bizarrely they seem to have edited and removed the entire post I was following.

As for the powerline LED not working on one unit, I think I might have pressed the pair button for more than 10 seconds on this unit and so it's left the network which the other plugs are all on. No matter though, it's an isolated PC in my spare room and doesn't need to share data anywhere.
Options
2014-12-19 22:28:34
Hi Mavis, yes as stated above pairing simply wouldn't work. I did initially receive the on-screen message saying that firmware update was successful however I'm guessing it takes a little longer to send the update over the network to the other plug units. I did notice during my pairing attempts that the PowerLine LED was blinking which according to the instructions suggests it was transferring data, perhaps the update maybe? All seems well now thankfully and no random disconnections as yet but it's early days. I'm not holding my breath though. It's a great shame that TP-Link have been so slow to provide a fix for this issue, I contacted them around 6-7 times but they just kept saying they would pass it to another department, not very helpful when your connection keeps failing. My final communication I sent them the link to these forums in the hope they might see the scale of this problem. Bizarrely they seem to have edited and removed the entire post I was following.

As for the powerline LED not working on one unit, I think I might have pressed the pair button for more than 10 seconds on this unit and so it's left the network which the other plugs are all on. No matter though, it's an isolated PC in my spare room and doesn't need to share data anywhere.

One other question! Does anyone here know if the firmware is reset if you reset ALL devices? i.e.Does it restore the original firmware that it shipped with?
Options
2014-12-20 20:36:15
How do I update the firmware for TL-PA411 V1? The link that NickAskew gave is now broken and just redirects to the homepage.
Options
2014-12-20 21:56:50

Aenfa wrote

How do I update the firmware for TL-PA411 V1? The link that NickAskew gave is now broken and just redirects to the homepage.

Hi there, I was sent the Beta Firmware by Support attached to an email. Maybe contact them yourself and ask them to send you it. You have to apply the update using the Powerline Utility Software which is on your installation CD. Just unzip the firmware when they send it to you then navigate to those files from within the above powerline utility update section.
Options
2014-12-21 06:29:22
I have applied the firmware update 1.1.0.848-02 to my TL-PA411 adapters but still getting frequent drops for up to around 30 seconds. It seems a bit better than it was as it was dropping for over 2 minutes before I updated the firmware. Really annoyed with this.

EDIT: Updating the firmware has NOT fixed the problem at all. The connection dropped completely and the only way to restore the connection was to reset one of the adapters. Extremely annoyed with these stupid adapters. The firmware update may have worked with some people but didn't make a blind bit of difference with my ones.
Options
2014-12-21 10:04:02
Hi Aenfa, where did you get the firmware from, the above link no longer takes you to the right page? This firmware seems to be working okay with my plug units so far, no disconnections since installing it on Thursday. I think you have to be quite careful what updates you apply to the units, not all updates are safe to use!
Options
2014-12-21 22:59:07
I downloaded it from the above link. It redirected to the homepage but found it by finding the downloads for Powerline Adapter. It moved to http://global.level1.com/Powerline-Adapter/PLI-4052/p-3202.htm
Options
Related Articles