Buy a new Router or build on existing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-28 01:18:46
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I wish to extend the wifi coverage in and around my Finca , a Spanish rustic old farm style building , relevant only in that the property has very thick stone walls (helps
keep inhabitants cool in the summer.)

The router provides adequate coverage for the lounge area in which it is situated.
Additionally there are, in each of 4 adjoining rooms a TL-WPA271 plugged in and performance is marginal

I now wish to upgrade the system to provide good coverage to the house plus say 100 feet around the property garden,pool etc.,

Given the wall thickness and shape of building need to invest to get extended coverage and stronger relayed signal. Before I purchase Tp link external aerial and additonal extenders etc., I would like to know if you think the purchase of a new router such as an Archer c7 would be a better starting point.

Will this in itself provide further coverage ?

In summary I dont want to throw good money after bad, if need be I would rather start from scratch, with a concise plan.

Either way.... existing or new router I am certain to need to buy add-ons

Thank you for taking the time to read my first Post
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 0

Related Articles