Reasons of "LCP Down"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reasons of "LCP Down"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Reasons of "LCP Down"
Reasons of "LCP Down"
2014-02-12 14:00:41
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.11 Build 120320 Rel. 42138n

ISP : Tata Photon Plus

I am using tata photon plus (Huawei EC 1260) with TL-MR 3020. It is identified and connected to internet. But after few minutes gets disconnected with internet.
Router Log shows:
PPP warning LCP down
after that every thing freez
any body pl suggest what to do..
Options
3 Reply
Me too
2014-02-14 22:55:47
Hi,

I'm getting the same error in my log (see my yesterday's post "dropped out"). I see that your modem is supported but you haven't the latest firmware release in your router, I suggest you install it by visitng this link. Installing the latest firmware version did not solve my issue which seems similar to yours but TP-link recommends to have the latest firware running in the router.

As you can read in my post, somebody gave me the hint that the problem could be that I get switched to "edge signal" when the 3G signal is weak and if that is the case I don't know how to avoid such switching.

Does your connection drop out when your have the modem directly connected to your computer (in my case it doesn't seem to happen)?

Hope this helps in your troubleshooting
Options
LCP Down
2014-02-17 19:51:02
Hi
I got the firm ware version (3.12.11 Build 120320 Rel. 42138n) from tp-link technical support, not directly from the website. Actually i described the detail problem to the tp-link technician and they only send me the firmware. But now no body receives the call nor responding to any mail.
As you informed regarding switching to edge signal, i have noticed that once disconnected from internet the router would never connect to internet itself, it shows
identified... and connecting..but does never connects or no fresh session is established. Only after reboot it is connected.
But the same dongle works uninterrupted when connected to computer/laptop.
Dear Huz, if you get problem resolved please do update me also.

regards
Options
Re:Reasons of "LCP Down"
2014-02-20 20:21:44
Hi,

Check your private messages.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 908

Replies: 3

Related Articles